Performance Testing of SAP R/3 SAPGUI etc

Does anybody know or (even better!) have experience with load testing tools for "classical" (SAPGUI) SAP R/3 applications?
    Is there any alternative to MI Load Runner?
    I found reference to LoadAutomation and AutoTester products. Does anybody know them and how they compare with Mercury in terms of features, pricing etc ?

Raynald Korchia

Re: Performance Testing of SAP R/3 SAPGUI etc

The only two I have ever been aware of were AutoTester and Mercury Interactive. I have used MI's solution several times at client sites and have found it to be as easy to use as any of their other tools.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Re: Performance Testing of SAP R/3 SAPGUI etc

In case you are still interested in SAP load/performance testing tools:

At the moment, I am evaluating exactly that question for a German SAP customer, and my results will be sth. like that:

The only relevant tools for testing the latest SAP releases (e.g. SAPGUI 6.20 for Windows) are
    - LoadRunner
    - The SAP-internal load control software recently developed by SAP Test Management Consulting (which I am working for)

The other ones (such as Compuware, Rational or Segue tools) are not capable of the current SAP technology (e.g. the Controls).

Pro Mercury:
    - lots of non-SAP environments supported
    - very, very expensive

Pro SAP:
    - Much cheaper than LoadRunner (about 12,000$ for the software plus some thousand $ for training and consulting)
    - Closely integrated in SAP
    - Only SAP solutions supported

All in all, both provide practically unlimited load testing (i.e. VU) for SAP, the SAP tool is much cheaper, but limited to SAP; LoadRunner can handle other environments, too, but is much more expensive.

There are some more differences, but these are (at least for my current customer) probably the crucial ones.