I already posted a question but now that i'm a little more informed i would like some more detailed information.
I need to test Load on a server tough HTTP get requests
With up to 1000 users. in every Http request i need to change parameters to correspond to each user (some kind of dinamic path required). Need to send all request almost simultaniously.
Monitoring/Report: i need a performance report (ping time, response time)
Error report. (reading the response (text response) in order to catch error response, example rply=128 in the server response)
1) if there is a program capable of all this, wich you recommend?
2) can i run this kind of test in a simple PC? or i need more than one machine?
3) There is some template for this kind of script?
4) if using a script, witch one should I? why?
Thank you very much, i a newbie in the Load testing, experienced trying to use openSTA (without success) and now I'm trying with JMeter but I'm not sure that is capable of doing what i require.
1.Do give a try to Radview WebLOAD. This is also a free tool and good compared to OpenSTA.
2.You might not be able to generate a load of 1000 users using a simple PC. You might need to multiple load generators or a server class machine which would give you more processing power.
3.WebLOAD would have a template and you could very well get one easily.
4.WebLOAD allows scripting on Java Script.
Also, I think OpenSTA is a great tool and it should be able to handle the situation. Try posting the exact problem that you are facing so that some one can help!
1. If you are interested in an opensource tool JMeter & JSystem can do a very good job, on shelf tools load runner is the market standard.
2. No, you need several machines, at least 2 for this amount of load
3. Basically you can record the traffic which is not too difficult in HTTP, you do not need template
4. This depends on the main flows during your busy hour, you should discuss with your system engineers what are the expected scenarios during load.
If you need more help contact me off line and I'll be glad t assist.