Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Uploading files for a load test.

I am using LoadRunner and we are trying to test a file repository system called Filenet. The test calls for me to grab a file off of a hard drive (local, or network) and send it to this repository all through the browser. When I record this though Loadrunner does not have the capability to see this because as far as I know Loadrunner can't record grabbing the file only what is sent in HTTP. Any commands to add to the script to make this happen?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Uploading files for a load test.

I am working on a project right now where a form is used to define a file for upload purposes. We are using the C interfaces of LoadRunner to build the file "on the fly" and upload the same file (as recorded) every single time (only now the content and timestamp is different). We looked at doing this a number of ways, but to manage the challenge of distributing thousands of unique files uniquely to hundreds of virtual users was a logistical challenge that LoadRunner just wasn't up to.

What does your file upload call look like? Chances are it's a form and you can assume the local virtual user directory for your on-the-fly file creation (if you go that path).
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes