1000 Vusers from a 950Mhz 1 CPU,2GB RAM??
Can I use a IBM PIII PC, 950 MHz, 1 CPU, 2 GB RAM, 40 GB HDD as a Load Generator for generating 1000 VirtualUSers from LoadRunner 7.6 (Web/HTTP Protocol)?
The application is ASP.NET, 2 IIS Webservers, 1 SQL Server DB (DB Intensive application)
The things I would list out are :
1. We are doing a sample test of 500 Vusers and we find that Memory on the loadgenerator is not a problem and the Processor usage is already 50-60% for 70 Users.
2. CPU Usage on Webservers (2 IIS WebServers load balanced by a Software Loadbalancer) is also not eating up that much CPU.
3. SQL Profiler has some bad results for a few SP's but right now the requests are clogging from the client itself and not shared by the web-servers. DB Analysis is to be done completely later.
4. LoadRunner's footprint is about 0.3 MB of RAM For a single VUser. Correct me if i am wrong but we feel like the requests are clogging at the client side itself. How to overcome this?
5. Is it better to go for more load generators or can we increase the think time a bit more...there are many such thoughts.. Experts, plz comment.
Any suggestions or pointers??
Re: 1000 Vusers from a 950Mhz 1 CPU,2GB RAM??
Since this question is LoadRunner-sepcific, I'm moving it to the LoadRunner Forum where it belongs...