Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Comparison Between Loadrunner and Rational Performance testing tool

HI

Is there any place where I get the comparison of features of Loadrunner and rational performance test tool latest versions. I need to know all features like transaction definition, rendezvous points etc supported by Loadrunner and Rational load testing tools. Also need to know which all monitors are provided by both these tools.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Comparison Between Loadrunner and Rational Performance testing tool

I guessing you can get a feature list for both and try to figure out which words mean the same things, but I wouldn't recommend it.

What, exactly, are you looking to find out. I (and at least a few others on the forum) have used both fairly extensively. Both good tools, both have pros and cons. If you have specific questions, I bet one of can answer it. But trying to decide if a rendezvous point is the same/better/worse than a sync point or a transactor is really not going to help very much without experience with both tools.

Just my 2 cents.

------------------
    Scott Barber
    NOBLE(STAR
    Sr. Performance Engineer
    sbarber@noblestar.com
    http://www.noblestar.com
    Scott Barber
    Chief Technologist, PerfTestPlus
    Executive Director, Association for Software Testing
    Co-Author, Performance Testing Guidance for Web Applications
    sbarber@perftestplus.com