Re: Difference between LoadRunner and Web App Stress Tool
LR contains a host of features which include:
1. C - style scripting and advanced simulation abilities.
2. Ability to monitor server activity during tests.
3. A comprehensive analysis tool for the results database.
4. Distributed operation and ability to simulate a large number of virtual users.
WAST is a freeware that can simulate a bunch of hits on a server. If you want to simulate end-user activity then you need something a little more sophisticated.
If you must evaluate freeware against LR, then try OpenSTA.
- Suresh Nageswaran, CQA, CSTE
Cognizant Technology Solutions, India.
["Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero!" -Horace]
Difference between LoadRunner and Web App Stress Tool
Being new to the load testing field, we are investigating the implementation of LoadRunner. We currently have Microsofts Web Application Stress tool and I have not used it yet. I am wondering what the major differences are besides price when it comes to testing the http protocol. Thanks for your help!