microsoft stress tool
I am using microsoft stress test tool
for stress testing web application
my doubt is that each time the tool gives different values for hits/second
sometimes i get as 1600 when i run immediately second i get 1700 as value
why there is no consistency any thing wrong
Re: microsoft stress tool
A few questions for you:
- For how long are you running the tool? The longer you run it for each run, the better your consistency
- How long is the tool running before you start taking measurements? For any performance/load/stress test you need to allow a "bedding in" period to start getting consistent results
- What else is running on the machine under test that might affect the run? Network traffic is the obvious one in this case.
- Are you sure that the environment is identical for each run? E.g. make sure that log files aren't changing size and affecting results
- Are you measuring machine resources whilst running the test? That might give you a clue as to whether anything is wrong or not
Even if you get everything the same for each run (which is nigh on impossible, usually), there will be variations in your hit rates, you should expect them. How big a variation are you prepared to accept?