Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Performance testing courses - UK

Can anyone recommend any general performance testing courses in the UK. I am interested in general techniques and practises regarding testing performance of client/server and web applications. If possible theses courses should not be tied to any tool vendor.

Thanks

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Performance testing courses - UK

Don't know of any non-tool specific courses unfortunately, although I have attended 3 different ones for three different tools:

LoadRunner - Training by CTI Consultancy International http://www.ctici.com/

QALoad - Compuware Professional Services http://uk.compuware.com

PreVue - Magic Performance (now tesnetmagic) http://www.tesnetmagic.com

Each training course was tool specific but generally covered the same aspects and obviously provided some hands on 'how to apply the theory'.

Perhaps you ought to look for some good literature on theory side (anyone know of one?) and then a good course on how to apply this for the tool that you decide to use?

Regards,
    Colin.

------------------
    Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Colin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Performance testing courses - UK

I am not sure if they still do it for external people (I know that internal people can go on it), but IBM did run a course on performance testing which is non-tool specific. I think it was called PEM (Or something like that), which is for Performance Engineers to increase their analysis, strategy and performance planning skills.

Try looking at the IBM Learning Services web site for the UK.

------------------