I am working on OpenSTA since sometimes. I am facing following problem
1. In the test pane, I add two different scripts configured individually with all parameters except ‘Host’ machine. I enter two separate host machines for two different scripts. Now my question is that can I run this combination of scripts from two different machines with OpenSTA installed on only one machine from where I am actually running this combination. If yes, then what hardware / software setup should I follow?
2. In the reports section, select graph ‘ Bytes/Sec Vs Elapsed Time ‘. Right click on the graph & select ‘Filter URLs’ option. Select three different URLs & click on OK button. Now eventhough, I have selected 3 URLs, I see only one line graph. Is the value displayed in the graph max, mini, or avg value of all three URLs selected?
3. Does OpenSTA support any general client - server VB / VC based application where browser doesn’t come into the picture? If so, then does the process / method of testing remains same like any web application?
4. In OpenSTA, can I make reusable scripts? E.g. if I have recorded a script for logon, instead of recording it every time while recording the script, can I reuse the one I recorded only for logon. Is it possible in OpenSTA?
5. While recording any script, I am getting some absurd URLs embaded in the scripts like www.yahoo.com or www.videogate.com . These URLs are not the part of the application any way. Can you suggest me any solution to this problem?
I know where the strange URL are coming from. These are the plugins in your browser auto updating or what ever they do when you start the browser.
Sorry bout the rest of it that I can't help.