Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

A new buddy in the field

Hi,

I am completely new to this testing field. I am supposed to attend a couple of meetings regarding the system performance issues and of which even the testing is a part. I have never used testing tools before and i do not have an idea of the parameters to be considered. Ofcourse I am not the deciding authority but I want to participate in these meetings effectively with some knowledge, at least rise a couple of valid questions... I did go through the other documents in the forum, but it would be great if anyone would be able to give me the valid approach for this testing.... the traffic will be around 5 to 10 thousand transactions per second, to my knowledge. I am not sure of it. I even wanted to know how these test tools function, in the sense is it based upon the number of virtual users or the number of transactions made on the server....If anyone can give me some idea, it would be really useful.... Thanks in advance

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: A new buddy in the field

Hi,

Hope you are looking for Performence/Load Testing, If yes !! Following points may help you to think what you have to prepare for in meetings.

- Understanding the application
    - Understanding the architecture
    - Usability of the system (i.e. Probable no. of users which are going to work on your application)

- Type of Hardware
    - Networking system
    - Database used for the application

etc... etc...

Kuppili
    KMK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded