Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Performance Tests to windows applications

Hello world,

I need your help!!! My problem is that I have to test a distributed windows application. This application is developed in C# .Net with oracle 10g, and I donīt know some tool to make performance tests to windows applications, the tools that I have checked are for web applications (Rational Performance tester and Rational Robot). I downloaded a Benchmark Factory trial, but with this tool I canīt to record scripts of workflows. Can someone recommend me a tool??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Performance Tests to windows applications

LoadRunner, Silkperformer and VSTS which comes with VS Team Edition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Adrix,

Try TestComplete by AutomatedQA. It can test web applications as well as Windows applications. To learn more or to get the trial version use the link: http://www.automatedqa.com/products/...lete/index.asp
    If you have questions ask me or AutomatedQA support team: support@automatedqa.com.

Regards,
    Kate - AQA

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Adrix,
    Can you explain a little more about your system under test? How do you plan to drive load against the system?
    Nate

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I have never done performance or load tests, but I explain in detail the application functionality:

This is a distributed application, there is a central databases server and an applications server, these servers will be connected to 200 local servers, each local server functions as an application server and database that responds to requests from 5-25 workstations. The workstations have installed the front-end application.

Total transactions to be carried on the central servers exceeds 2,000,000.

Can someone advise me on this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

what is your goal? to test the central servers? to test the local servers? to test the client performance on an individual workstation?

before you look into tools, you should have a solid approach to what you are trying to do. If you already have this in mind, give some details about your approach and perhaps someone can recommend a tool that will meet your needs.
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

And you might require different tools for testing the different parts of the system.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I need to test the central server, simulating the 2,000,000 of transactions, these transactions must been real, for example: to generate an order, to register a client, etc. Thats way, I would like to use some tool that it can help me to record scripts for these actions, and with these I can simulate the transactions (2,000,000 +/-) and the users (200+/-) in the database. Something similar to rational performance tester, just that for a windows application.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

how does the central server communicate with clients (what protocol?).

Performance/Load testing tools work on the protocol level by simulating transactions to your server.

If you are just looking for a simple record/playback tool and are not very familiar with performance testing and monitoring, you probably have a tough road ahead.
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The central server communicates with the local servers via TCP protocol, and the local servers communicate with the central server with http protocol (f.e.: http://10.150.32.107/LocalAppServer/...ngPortal.rem).

There are transactions to be ran on central server, and others that run on local servers, waiting to be replicated on the central server in a certain time.

I donīt kwow if any simple record/playback tool allows me to make this tests, that would be great!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast