Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Need Help for WAP load testing

Hi All,

I have very significant problem. I need to carry out Load Testing for our WAP Content manager, which requires user login/password to enter into the system. There is no way out where in I can send in HTTP request directly to the server to simulate virtual users.

Can I preserve 100 userís login names and password into EXCEL file and test tool can pick it up and then login automatically ? any tool which does this task ?

How do I carry out load test in this scenario ? Any help / suggestions are highly appreciated.

Rgds,
    Mikail.
    mikinfo@yahoo.com

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Need Help for WAP load testing

There are a lot of tools that will do data driven scripts for you. It depends on what you are exercising. Are you load testing the server, database server or are you doing functional/Regression testing? Compuware's QA Load will set up these data driven scripts for you via a wizard. You have to imput the data pool, like you said into the excel file and the script will pick them up.

------------------
    Don Powell
    Q/A Center C/S
    dpowell@covad.net
    Don Powell

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you are strictly concerned with load testing the product and don't care about testing the login piece, ask development to turn it off for now. I've done this before and my developers were happy to do this for testing reasons. Of course, you want to submit a big about the turned off login to ensure it gets turned on again before release.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

(almost) all load testing tools will allow you to parse predefined data into the script (such as user ID's and passwords). Suggest that you consider more than such a basic function if you are looking to purchase a test tool, such as:

- do you want to use the tool again in the future? If so what types of protocols?
    - what types and granularity of testing do you need the tool to do?
    - what is the reporting audience of the test tool?
    - do you need to manage state during load tests?

A good start is to lease a tool to see how you get on for this project. Try to get the vendor to agree to refunding (a portion of) the initial lease cost against future purchase!

------------------
    http://www.4qa.co.uk