Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

load testing client server based app

I need a load test tool that can generate load on a client server applicatoin. My application is initiated by double clicking on a custom ICA file which resided on my desktop. At no time am I using a web browser. To make things complicated the applicatoin is built on top of citrix (remore access cleint, on the top level) and java on the front end. Most of the tools in the market are for web based apps.

What are my possible solutions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: load testing client server based app

Check out load runner. There are "loads" of protocols that can be used.
    -- Mike --

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: load testing client server based app

It depends on what protocol your app uses as to what tool you should look for - for instance we need a tool that can cope with ODBC, COM and the Web as we have many different products that each need loadtesting and it seems cost and resource effective to pick one tool that handles all. For this reason we are looking at LoadRunner and QALoad. (Other suggestions are welcome )
    I would advise you to work out what type of protocol your app uses and determine which companies will support this. Then get them in to have a look.

Hope this helps,
    Jon