Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

So, what now? no standard for webtesting?

Well, I think they must be a standart way to calc what stess we should load the application nor the website in order to be sure, but in web testing you have to take in account, that HTTP is not hit and finish, we have database access today, that takes time, session are being hold up, alot of site have applications behind them and many proccess.

But still, what is a stess of a big, small site?

How can I decide today what stess to test with?!

------------------
    Omri Gonen
    Team Leader QA - Voltaire Advance Security
    Tact System Testware inc.
    Omri Gonen - Team Leader
    TACT SYSTEM TESTWARE inc.
    www.tact-testware.co.il

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: So, what now? no standard for webtesting?

Noone will really come out and say use the same metrics that someone else is using. This typically does not make sense. What does make sense (IMHO), is to look at who your audience is and what might constitute a typical load during a time frame, and what might be expected for peak performance.

For expected load numbers, we are lucky enough to be able to use real live production numbers today and extrapolate a few months out. From here, we typically figure out what our peak might be during the time frame. Then we add 50% on top of that to give us some cushion.

Also, if you have many components in your web application, you may want to isolate each component. Not necc. attacking from the browser side, but creating your own test tools to interact directly wth the DB, or other application that you have on the server side of your system.

I would typically break down the problem into discrete pieces, finally bringing them together for a final end to end performance/load/stress test.

Usually, by examining the pieces individually, you should see which piece would be the bottleneck in your application.

Good Luck.
    It Depends.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

mmmmm.... intresting.
    Thanks

Where can I find information regarding to what musterment should I record and analyze?

And what tests should be preformed when testing a web site (tytical website), I couldnt find document regarding this topic.

Omri Gonen - Team Leader
    TACT SYSTEM TESTWARE inc.
    www.tact-testware.co.il

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by arbelo:
    mmmmm.... intresting.
    Thanks

Where can I find information regarding to what musterment should I record and analyze?

And what tests should be preformed when testing a web site (tytical website), I couldnt find document regarding this topic.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would recommend sitting down with your architect and find out the schema for your application. Armed with that kind of information will help you in your quest to do a good job of stress testing your site. Also, as far as the load to put on your system, there is a lot involved with these calculations. Is the site B2B or B2C? This will definately affect where you start from. You need to get with your marketing and sales department to get an estimate of daily usage expected and proceed from there. There are so many documents floating around on the internet to look at, it will take time to find them. I suggest you read a lot of the posts here and do your homework. If I can be of any more help you can email me.
    -- Mike --