Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How can I...?

Hi,

I'm new to the testing environment.

1. How can we verify the functionality of the Application Compatibility on Web Browsers, using NetScape Navigator and Internet Explorer?

2. Is broken link a missing link in the page? How can i check for the broken links?

3. How can i Check the Browser compatibility on differnt versions of JDK?

Thanks in anticipation..

[This message has been edited by vdevara (edited 10-13-2000).]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How can I...?

1. How can we verify the functionality of the Application Compatibility on Web Browsers, using NetScape Navigator and Internet Explorer?

As far as the funtionality you should know the product requirements, specifications & goals. That will help you in checking for the functionality of the product.
    The compatibility of the browsers, i suggest you should go for checking for the eg.,screens,buttons,images etc., by opening two browsers simultaneously that IE & Netscape.

2. How can i check for the broken links?

You check broken links either manually or with testing tools, there are lot of tools available and web based testing tools are available for checking links.

Sites for Testing Tools:
    http://www.softwareqatest.com/ http://www.xenu.com/ http://www.cyberspyder.com/

3. How can i Check the Browser compatibility and Java compatability across JDK's?

I did not get you what you mean from the above question, please place the question in detail.

------------------
    Vinod
    vinod@sqatester.com
    Vinod
    If you want a high quality software system, you must ensure each of its parts is of high quality. by Watts S. Humphrey

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vinod:

As far as the funtionality you should know the product requirements, specifications & goals. That will help you in checking for the functionality of the product.
    The compatibility of the browsers, i suggest you should go for checking for the eg.,screens,buttons,images etc., by opening two browsers simultaneously that IE & Netscape.

2. How can i check for the broken links?

You check broken links either manually or with testing tools, there are lot of tools available and web based testing tools are available for checking links.

compuware's QA Run check LINKS for a website and generates a report which outlines all the broken links clearly and effectively, if the web site has any

(my 2 cents)

Sites for Testing Tools:
    http://www.softwareqatest.com/ http://www.xenu.com/ http://www.cyberspyder.com/

3. How can i Check the Browser compatibility and Java compatability across JDK's?

I did not get you what you mean from the above question, please place the question in detail.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vdevara:
    1. How can we verify the functionality of the Application Compatibility on Web Browsers, using NetScape Navigator and Internet Explorer?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, the best way is simply to test the application in both browsers by running it in both browers. Then look for common problems that exist between the two. For example, you should check any type of form elements and table rendering. If you use any type of dynamic positioning or layering, make sure to check that out - especially if you use DOM, CSS1, CSS2, etc. If you do anything with margins at all, check this because Netscape currently does not handle margins very well. This is assuming that you are referring to front-end logic rather than back-end logic. Also keep in mind that Internet Explorer works differently between Unix, Windows, and Macintosh versions. Netscape is in a similar situation.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>2. Is broken link a missing link in the page? How can i check for the broken links?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The best way to do this is to use some type of link checking application. The preceding post listed some places on the Web to try. You may also want to look at tool solutions, like Alert Linkrunner or Watchfire LinkBot.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">quote:</font><HR>3. How can i Check the Browser compatibility on differnt versions of JDK?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if you are referring to the Microsoft virtual machines that you can get updated from Microsoft you basically have to keep a list of which ones you have used and test for each update that Microsoft has to the VM. On the actual code side of this, you do not so much have to worry about the user (meaning client) having a JDK because that is not how Java works over the Internet. But for your own code (I am assuming you are developing some Java code on the back-end) you have to make sure that anything you use is compatible and the best way is to simply download the various JDK's and try a compile and execution in each one.

If this did not answer your questions, please let us know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

JFFNyMan... In the reply to Ist question ..U were talking about Look-n-Feel testing of an applicaton ..that was unclear, Y U were discussing about that .

------------------
    Anoop
    anoop@webteklabs.com