Load testing in Standalone application
Please guide me how to measure the load and performance of standalone application?
1. Application installed in multiple systems, they enter huge sets of order datas and submit in the system.
2. System will generate the order no and dispatch to the vendor.
3. Data back up will be stored in the database.
4. Any other way to measure the load and performance of the application.
MY question is :-
1. What is the suitable tool for testing standalone application
2. How to measure the load and performance of the application with generating multiple vusers.
3. How to measure memory leakage
4. Do we need to check database server? if yes then How?
Kindly give me your answers so that it will help me in my projects.
Thanks in advance
Very precisely what are you trying to measure the performance of?
* The response time of the client?
* The time required to upload a batch of N number of elements at Y time of day over a network of Z size with X amount in use and R error rate?
* If your application is fully standalone with no direct connection to the server then why would you be concerned with the performance of multiple users on multiple disconnected machines which are making no calls to a server?
As to your core questions
1. Any GUI automated functional testing tool which has the ability to start and stop timers based upon events and which also runs in your operating system and can identify, operate and validate the elements of your GUI
2. (a) If totally disconnected, then no need.
2. (b) Load and Performance on ??????? of ?????? The network, the Operating System, the
3. There have been entire books and classes of software invented to address this. You likely should examine how the application was developed and in what language and begin with developers tools which integrate with the development environment and language of the application as a starting point
4. Do you have requirements to check the database server? How would depend upon your requirements and the type of database server.