Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

HTML5 Mobile Performance Testing

Where I work, we are creating a mobile website with Sencha Touch which uses HTML5 and allows us to store the website in local storage on whatever mobile device we are testing with.

So when I first go to the site, it downloads the entire site to local storage. I will then be switching between different pages on the mobile device and need to be able to gauge the performance or speed of each page.

I am hoping to find some test tool that people use for that or even some technique that I could use...

I have looked at KeyNotes Mite, while they have a lot to offer, they are not rendering some elements that our mobile devices are rendering.
    Krondordkd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: HTML5 Mobile Performance Testing

CloudTest Lite supports HTML5. Free to 100vus. Should work for you.
    ** I work for SOASTA, the CloudTest Company **

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Does this have some sort of emulator or simulator for mobile devices? I looked at the site and I did no see much on working on a mobile device.

I am looking for something that will either put an agent on the mobile devices to record performance and other things with the HTML5 pages, or something that will emulate/simulate the devices and allow me to gauge the performance.
    Krondordkd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

HI,

I am the PM for Keynote MITE and would like to learn more about what issues you are running into. Can you tell me which website you are trying to test and what elements are not rendering?

BTW, there is a new version of MITE avaialable that supports local storage. Have you tried it yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Actually, I worked with your support and I am not sure what was wrong but I am assuming it was on my site. Mite is working awesome.

I think the only things I could wish for would be to make the Mite profiles run as fast/slow as a real device. But for an emulator and something to judge performance it is the best I have found...

Other than that I need to spend a little more time to understand how to read the performance reports.
    Krondordkd

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

@krondordkd - Check out SOASTA's website starting Monday, Jan. 23.

Brad
    ** I work for SOASTA, the CloudTest Company **

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

May be you can make a try with HP LR-11 with WAP Vuser functions. It had emulators for simulating mobile environment testing.

Regards,
    Mahesh