New to Load Testing
Im new to Load testing and have the following questions.
The company I am working for is supplying a solution to a customer. The way it is designed is the customer has a DC which uses citrix to allow users to connect to their email, office etc. Then linking the customers DC to my companies DC (my company is providing a hosted software solution to customer) is a leased line.
we need to do Load End-2-End Testing and I have the following questions.
1. I have been told Citrix Edgesight or Loadrunner would be the most suitable since the they are they only ones which would work due to the citrix environment. Today for internal testing we dont use citrix at my company therefor we use Jmeter and Grinder to test.
2. Can anyone share any papers, experiences of testing in a citrix environment similar to the one I have outlined above.
Thanks in advance.
im sure I will have more questions.
Re: New to Load Testing
You have a few issues to overcome:
1) licensing for commercial software tools - the "fine print" of the EULA/End-user contracts will prevent you from using the tools to deliver a service to another company/party.
2) Technical challenge of testing over the links from your DC to the customer DC - including firewall issues, etc.
3) Test data - does the customer's test data have any geographical restrictions (like must stay in EU or can't leave juridiction, etc?). Are your test scripts using sensitive or private information?
There's more to this business of "hosted load testing" than you might think.