Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

which one is the best tool for load testing?

hi all,

Here i want to purchase one tool for load test,which gives the result of a load, of 10000 and above users.pls help me which tool gives the better performance according to my requirement.

thanks in adv,
    ravi
    <a href="mailto:m.ravinderreddy1985...gmail.com</a>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: which one is the best tool for load testing?

we are planning to purchase a tool to perform load and stress testing please help me in finding the best tool. my product domain is document centric management system. the should be capable of genarating 10,000 and above users

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Ours is the best, of course!

http://www.webperformanceinc.com/loa...ting_tool.html

Seriously, there is no single best tool. Different tools excel in different areas. Perhaps if you have some more specific questions or can describe your requirements, we might be able to give you a better answer.
    Chris Merrill
    Load Testing Software and Services
    http://www.webperformance.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The best tool is the one which your staff is capable of using effectively to produce the load and provides analytical capabilities matched to the skills and needs of your team for diagnostic purposes. As an aside the tool also has to be capable of technically exercising the interface of the application in question to appropriately reproduce the behavior of the end client.

You have set a bar for tools with a solid track record of 10,000 users and above. That is going to take the tools in the market and cut a chunk out of them, leaving a subset for you to look at in the commercial and open source space.

Realistically, given the size of your concurrent user load your financial risk is likely to be quite high if the system does not scale or goes down under high load. Measured against this financial exposure the cost of any tool is likely to be quite small in comparison, so I would concentrate on picking the tool which is the best match to your technical interface and the skills of your organization. If your organization does not have expertise in the given tool choice be prepared to send some to training or have an experienced person on hand during the project for line of business activities plus acting as a mentor to your team.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Mr Chris Merrill ,
    Do you have PayPerUse service? If it is can you send me the details about it.