Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Freeware / Opensource for testing SAP ERP

Hi,
    As part of my current assignment, i am supposed to plan for performance testing of a customized module in SAP ERP. the application canoot be accessed using any of the browsers. We need to simulate atleast 100 Vusers.

We are looking for any freeware/opensource tool that can get this job done. Have been searching over the internet but haven't found one yet.

Please let me know if any of you have come across a freeware that can be used for this purpose.

Regards,
    Syed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Freeware / Opensource for testing SAP ERP

SAP = high risk.

Measure your exposed financial risk if this does not work and scale. As part of SAP deployment efforts testing runs a general 30-40% of the total project cost. Make sure that your risk assessment method (your method of performance testing) is aligned with the risk in deployment.

If your solution is SAP native client versus Web based, then you are likely looking at organizations that have the time and resources required to build an integration with SAP directly. You are most likely looking at a commercial tool. If the customer does not want to pay for a tool that can answer their questions on risk then they may have a different perspective on risk than most SAP deployments.
    James Pulley

Replace ineffective offshore contracts, LoadRunnerByTheHour. Starting @ $19.95/hr USD.

Put us to the test, skilled expertise is less expensive than you might imagine.

Twitter: @LoadRunnerBTH @PerfBytes

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    We are looking for any freeware/opensource tool that can get this job done. Have been searching over the internet but haven't found one yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

which ones have you tried, and what about them did not work?
    Corey Goldberg
    Homepage: goldb.org
    Twitter: twitter.com/cgoldberg
    Google+: gplus.to/cgoldberg

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for your Suggestions James.
    Let me talk to the customer and let him know that we will have to look at commercial tools for this purpose...and see what he says.

Corey, I have not yet found any testing tool which is a freeware so that i can do a POC.

Regards,
    Syed.