Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Multi Mechanize Object Recognition/Identification

How Multi Mechanize recognize / Identify the objects, i understand that we have to write python script..for that action...but my question is .... say for eg in Quick Test Proff. Without using the recorder we can capture the objects properties like 'text', 'label' or index id... to write the descriptive programming scripts to perform the action...

Like that... how multi-mechanize recognize the objects, say if i want to click the username and password fields to enter the data and then click login button... to open the user's respective page...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Multi Mechanize Object Recognition/Identification

There is no recorder in MM.

As explained here: http://code.google.com/p/multi-mechanize/
    Roland Stens

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Multi Mechanize Object Recognition/Identification

I know MM doesn't have recorder, Thanks for your response..

So far i have learned to execute some basic script like passing the string, array etc. Thats the reason i put this question in the forums to get some idea on how to play with web application. Actually i was expecting the response like "Please get a life", "Search before you post" but anyway thanks again for your kind response..

The below link is for Black box testers:

So far i have searched and got this link to get some idea about how to make the objects in web application visible to multi mechanize....

Note : This link is actually a blog and i'm not sure i can use this link here....anyway if its illegal (obviously my post will be deleted by some moderators..)

If it's not a problem(to post this link) ...then newbie programmer enjoy....I would say its a good link...

http://www.palewire.com/posts/2008/0...wnload-a-file/

Thanks,

Prabhu