I have no experience in Automated Load & Stress testing but we need to perform Load and stress testing on an application that will have >100 users.
The windows application is built on .Net and the web version is also coded in .Net and then published as HTML by the framework.
Could anyone make a suggestion as to what tools would be best suited to this?
Odette van Oudtshoorn
UCS Software Manufacturing
The best tool will be the one that
* Technically supports the client interface of your application
* Is one which is able to produce a load of 100 users for load and is able to support a decaying iteration time between each iteration to support increased transactional load under a fixed number of users of 100 (assuming your purchase a 100 user tool) or supports an open ended model for the number of users required to kill your app
* Has a short learning curve that your staff has the skills to overcome
* Incorporates many process elements associated with performance test best practices to fill in the gapo that would otherwise be met by an experienced individual.
* Supports a monitoring model which allows for enough information to be collected from your infrastructure to allow for the identification of bottlenecks on the traditional cross of disk, cpu, network and memory.
* Supports a reporting model which is appropriate to your team's technical expertise for determining if technical and business requirements have been met, if not, why not?
Notice the hiuge amounts of fuzzy dependencies in the above. Depending upon team config, what is optimal for your team may be completely inappropriate for another. The best bet is to identify a subset which you think met your technical needs and then do a bake off to see which one is best for your environment and your team's skillset.