Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

How to calculate the average of TTFB and TTLB

Hello...

I am doing a web testing using Microsoft WAST. By using this tool, I ran my test script 3-5 times to get the average value of TTFB and TTLB of the response time. However, when I get the values, I am facing a problems to make sure the results are consistent. For example

Test TTFB TTLB
    1 23.92 21215.32
    2 20.68 21225.04
    3 24.4 20823.72
    4 21.56 20634.2
    5 18.08 20643.44

My doubt is how to determine that results are consistent so that i can calculate for the average for all of the test? What I know from literature, for RTT we have to make sure it consistent with standard deviation less than 1.
    However, by using this tool, I think it impossible for me to get the result with stdev less than 1 as to achieve that kind of standard. Is there any theory or standard to determine the consistency of TTFB and TTLB?
    hawani

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to calculate the average of TTFB and TTLB

Put them into a spreadsheet and run them against some formulae. Why do you want to make them consistent? What if they can't be consistent?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: How to calculate the average of TTFB and TTLB

I want it to make it consistent because people said after we get the value consistent then we can calculate the average..

SO isnt it meaning i can use all the 5 values to calculate the means although we can see for TTLB the range is between is around 20600 to 21200 ms is a bit different for about 1 seconds ?

Is there any formulae or standard that i can say that the sample of results of my test are valid and can be used to calculate the average of response time?
    hawani