Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Anybody knows about Scapa?

Hi Folks,

My company is currently evaluating Load Testing Tools and one of them is Scapa (http://www.scapatech.com)

Ive found little information about it in this forum (almost nothing) and they dont provide an evaluation version.

They showed us the product in a web conference, and it looks interesting (includes Load an Functional Testing for Web and GUI apps) and cost effective ($7.500 per server).

I want to hear anybody else experience with Scapa and what you think about it.

Have a nice day,

William Velasquez
    Choucair Testing
    www.choucairtesting.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Anybody knows about Scapa?

Williamda,
    it does not get much time in the forum as I believe there is still a limited user base for this excellent tool, in comparision to the market leaders, and when I had it is was fairly intuitive to use.
    I have not used the Scapa Test and Performance Platform 3.1 latest platform as I no longer work for the company which had a releationship with Scapa.
    I am surprised by the lack of Eval as it says they do on the site, however this may be a location issue as I am not sure how much exposure they have in your region after checking your site from the link in your signiture.
    Anyway the tools are based around the Eclipse Hyades platform so is built off open source and Scapa have had a lot of involvement in this area and take a lot if involvement in the Hyades part of the project.
    The contacts I used to have there were all really good proactive people and very sharp with some great ideas for modelling and providing a powerful open tool to get effective testing done.
    They also were really effective and efficient with resolving any issues or problems we had. So I personally rate them highly - I just need to find a project myself in the UK where we can lever the power of the tool once more [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-22-2004, 06:28 AM: Message edited by: neill_mccarthy ]
    ------
    Regards,
    Neill McCarthy
    Agile Testers of the World UNIT!

For more contextual Musings visit http://www.testingreflections.com/ and now at http://www.sqablogs.com/neillmccarthy/
    ---

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Neill,

Your good comments confirms my first impressions with the little Ive seen of Scapa.

If they really have a good product, Scapa wins the most allowing more evaluations from the Performance Testing community. They should consider sending an evaluation version to the moderators of this forum, for they to make a review. Or at least, some Scapa guy may join this forum, like Mercury and Rational people actually does [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by williamda:

If they really have a good product, Scapa wins the most allowing more evaluations from the Performance Testing community.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Unfortunatly the world is not like this and the technically best product does not always win, hence VHS, and not Betamax VCRs, have had a 10 year+ reign. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    ------
    Regards,
    Neill McCarthy
    Agile Testers of the World UNIT!

For more contextual Musings visit http://www.testingreflections.com/ and now at http://www.sqablogs.com/neillmccarthy/
    ---