SPONSORS:

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Points for Confirmed Friends

Comments on Using JavaStar

Hi,

We are evaluating Java Star for use in GUI testing of Java application development. I'm interested to know what others have found in using this test tool.

Any comments,suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks
    Grant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Comments on Using JavaStar

I have found JavaStar to be a useful tool for driving Java applications, but it has many serious quirks. These quirks range from not displaying errors, other than the error count, when compiling scripts ( .java ), to not being able to edit scripts ( .java ) in the provided JavaStar script editor when cutting and pasting between two script editor windows. Having only spent a few weeks with JavaStar I am very anxious to open communications between myself and other users of this product. I have found the tech support at Sun to be moderately useful, but it is sometimes like pulling teeth to get useful sample code either from tech support or from Sun in general. I must say that tech support folks have done their best to try and assist me, but they are not really set up to get assist folks in getting started. The documentation is woefully inadequate in reqards to sample code, and in many other respects. I would be happy to share my experience on specific issues to anyone who wants to contact me.

PS - don't even bother looking to the Sun web sites to get anything useful. These appear to be generated by Sun's marketing department and I have never EVER found anything useful there. Wouldn't it be great if the JavaStar folks did a thorough job posting stuff to the net like the ''java.lang'' and ''swing'' folks have done ?

- mark young / software engineer