Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Problem Encountered with E-Test

I don't understand why sometimes, the E-Test tool seems to be working. But sometimes it seems that it does not.

Our web-based application has a login page with 2 textboxes (for username and password) and a button to login.

Upon login, there is a menu page with 3 images to click. I normally select the first image.

The issue encountered:

- Sometimes, the username and password is automatically written on the text boxes from the login page and logs on by itself

- Sometimes, it would stop at the login page and does the populate the text boxes at all. If I leave it blank of course, it failes the automated test

- On the Menu Page, again, sometimes it goes through automatically. But sometimes, I have to bring my mouse pointer on top of the image I want to click.

I'm totally new to this and it really frustrates me. I contacted Empirix twice for access to their support pages already but they still haven't approved my request.

Please help... thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problem Encountered with E-Test

ynna_dennise,

What version of e-Tester are you using?

In the cases where it fails - what error message appears in the result log?

Can you tell us anything at all about your application? Is it simple HTML? Applets? Winforms .NET? Is it available externally?

Empirix Support can be slow sometimes. How long ago did you contact them?
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

We are using Version 7.1.

Our application is a Web based CRM. J2EE/Weblogic and is not available externally.

As I explained earlier, it would freeze and will wait for me to manually input value in a text box and will eventually fail the test.

I am receiving a "Timeout on Autopage" error

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hmm, I'm not sure.
    Have you considered upgrading to 8.00?

Have you gotten an answer from Empirix Support yet?
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi folks, well, it sounds like there might be something incomplete with the events that were captured during recording ... especially when you consider your issue around the images and how moving the mouse over them helps playback. I would check the actual events that were recorded and also check your application for various event handlers on the html elements. If there is an onmouseover event handler attached to your images and there is no recorded "mouseover" event you will have problems.

The login issue might be similar. Check to see what was recorded for events and also check to see if the form element names are chaning from run to run. There are a number of settings you can use to alter the default behavior in such cases.

At any rate, it would probably be a good idea to contact the support group at Empirix and talk to them about it as you have multiple issues

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I agree with mill_town_larry. probably didnt capture all the events. you would just have to go back and add them as it plays back. Shouldnt be a problem if you try it.