Thread: Totally Newbee

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Totally Newbee

Hi, my company is shifting to automated regression testing and they are eyeing on Empirix e-Test. Our application is a web-based CRM and I was so used to manual testing.

I already have the e-Test trial version but I don't know where to start. Is it easy to learn the product on your own or it would be advisable to go on a formal training?

Any input is highly appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Totally Newbee

Generally these tools are Capture and Playback. If you go through the tutorial available with software you will be able to record and play your scripts. However, you can make these scripts more powerful by enhancing the scripts with additional code. For this you should know the scripting language used by the tool and HTML DOM model.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Totally Newbee

e-Test eval installation includes a "Getting Started with the e-Test Suite" which includes a tutorial. Also the sales group can set up a webinar for your in a 1-on-1. I just did one this morning covering e-Load and e-Test integration and strategies.