Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Problems trying to automate external programs (ie. MS Word)

Hi,
    I'm currently evaluating e-Test and have run across a problem which seems simple enough to do, but I haven't found a solution to.

I have a web page that includes a button that, when clicked, opens up an external MS Word document. I'd like to print this document and then close the MS Word window through my E-Tester script, but I can't seem to automate this.

Does E-Tester have the functionality to access external programs like Word or Excel and automate commands within those programs?

Any help would be much appreciated.

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problems trying to automate external programs (ie. MS Word)

Try this:

The following script can be inserted as a scriptlet into a Visual Script. Click on the page you wish to print during playback and from the Tests menu select Insert Test Scriplet After. Paste the script below in the scripting window and click Done.
    The following is a similar code example for use in VBA. To insert this example expand the page you want to be print. Right click on the Custom programmability node and select edit VBA code. Then make sure that you change the context of the events to RSWVBAPage_afterplay(). Paste the following code into that procedure.
    For both of these examples to work you must then add the Print dialog box into Dialog Manager. To do this open Internet Explorer, invoke the print dialog in Internet Explorer (Press CTRL+P or from the File menu choose Print). From the Admin menu in e-Tester choose Dialog Manager. In the e-Tester dialog window click on the Select a Dialog icon ... (it looks like a white view finder), then move your mouse over the Print Dialog and click inside the print dialog but not on a button . This should now give you a new entry in Dialog Manager that contains the correct properties to recognize the print dialog. Choose {ENTER} as the Action within Dialog Manager, and add this entry to list.

P.S. That info I got from Empirix Knowledge Base ...

Good luck ...

------------------
    Regards,
    Osya

ostap76@hotmail.com
    Regards,
    Osya

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problems trying to automate external programs (ie. MS Word)

Many thanks, Osya. Worked like a charm.

------------------