Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

not able to playback javascript popup messages

How can you record javascript popup
    messages for a web page using E-tester tool ( Empirix )
    After recording the web page actions when i am
    playbacking it the validation message portion is being
    skipped.
    I want to verify whether the correct validation messages are being shown in playback mode. The function for this is included in the subfolder like "include\HR.js" while viewing the html source
    Any valuble help is welcome!

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: not able to playback javascript popup messages

Hello,

Not sure I understand the question. Is the javascript popup box an alert dialog of some sort? Is it not appearing or just not being dismissed?

If this is a message box or some sort of dialog that appears then it should be triggered on playback if the correct events were recorded. The rules in dialog manager should help dismiss the message box correctly on playback. You may need to modify them if your action is different from the default.

I hope this helps.

-MT Larry

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: not able to playback javascript popup messages

Hello,

You could do two things dependent upon rather or not you would like to test the pop-up.

If you don't want to test select the automatic dismissal feature select the check box in Options Playback.

If you want to record go to Admin, Dialog Manager and enter in specific info about the pop-up window if you need further help search on Dialog Manger.

I hope this helps!