I am new to this tool, and i have managed generating the script, running the test for 10 Vu's, and i am finding it difficuilt while analysing the results.i have referred the website also, but the information is not sufficient.
can you please help me at this..
* Add VUs and/or iterations of the VUs and keep re-executing your test. This is an area where much exploration and tweaking are necessary.
* Try to begin to find a relationship between increasing your load and the response on the server. I would recommend manually monitoring the server with TaskMon, top, vmstat, netstat, etc.
* Watch for Monitored Bytes/Second getting upwards of 12E6 (max for 100baseT)
* Make sure session caching disabled on server for SSL testing
* Make sure desired server KeepAlive setting configured before recording
* Once you have determined a load which drives your server hard but not to excess, run a timed test so that you can get a users/sec or trans/sec number
* Abstract the users/sec number to match some kind of real world scenarios (do you expect users will visit during a constrained periond? can users sometimes get 304 responses instead of 200s?). This may require re-running your test.
At this point I come up with math formulas and develop independent testing schemes to cross check eachother and my math. The math is highly dependent on your 'site'/'product'.