Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The gateway cannot start

Hi,

I'm new to openSTA and I have difficulties to record a Script.

I create a new Script and doubleclick it, so the Script Modeller starts. When I click the record-button openSTA:

- crashes (sometimes) or
    - can't start the Gateway.

Can anybody tell me, how to set this gateway and how to set the Internet Explorer?

We have a proxy server here and this proxy is set up in my IE.

Thanks,
    Sieghold

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: The gateway cannot start

Within the Modeler under Options > Gateway you'll find ways of turning on tracing and other useful features.

You probably also want to check out the FAQ entries on making recordings - see my sig for the link.
    Daniel Sutcliffe
    OpenSTA part-time Caretaker - http://OpenSTA.org/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi sieghold!

has your problem solved, if so i am also facing the same problem, could you please assist me how to set the gateway.

your help would be greatly appreciated.....

Ravi.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Ravi,

I still don't know how to configure my browser and the Script Modeller. I found nothing in the online help or the faq dansut suggested.

It's only telling me, that there IS a Gateway, but that I know for myself. I want to know how to configure it.

Should I disable any proxy settings in my browser? I dit it, but still it doesn't work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

You should not need to change anything in your browser - unless it is configured to automatically configure proxy, the recording process cannot cope with this it needs a static proxy if one is to be defined.

The Gateway should only need special configuration if the ports it is set up to use by default are already in use. Or you want to perfom HTTP recording from a browser not started by the Modeler.

I don't believe you could find nothing in the FAQ [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

To be able to help you further you need to able to do some diagnostics yourself and provide some better quality information - it doesn't work is next to worthless.
    Daniel Sutcliffe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for your help, dansut.

But what more can I say but it doesn't work? I let the configuration in the Gateway option as is was.

In my browser I configured our proxyserver (and it was configured a while before I start using openSTA). When I start recording a script, the message appear, that the gateway cannot start.

I looked in the online help and the faq. Can you give me a link where I can read how to set everything, so it works.

If I overseen it, I apologize.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

try Installing OpenSTA again..... i dunno the reason.. but it did the trick for me... Whats ur end-user configuration??
    i'm using a P4 2.40 GHz with Win XP SP2.. and its working just fine...
    but i guess only daniel can help u better ...
    o yeah.. 1 more thing.. i did uninstall my all the proxy Servers that were running on my machine.... chck tht out

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by sieghold:
    Can you give me a link where I can read how to set everything, so it works.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I can't (no-one can) as it will be failing due to a specific problem on your machine - of which we know nothing about. This is why I told you to go into the Gateway configuration and turn on tracing - this way a log file is created for you at:
    </font><ul type="square">[*]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">%OPENSTA_HOME%\Engines\Web\Modeller\gateway.log</font>[/list]<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">which will (more than likely) give you more details on why the gateway is failing to start - could be a port conflict or one of many other things.
    Daniel Sutcliffe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Sieghold,

Did you get a solution to that problem? I am actually working with a dial-up connection and am encountering this problem depite setting the ports in the "Options &gt; Gateway" screen to ones that are not being used. In fact I turned on tracing, but the log file gives no information on what is wrong. In fact the log file saya that the "Gateway is running......" despite the fact thjat the modeler has thrown up the error message of not being able to start the gateway.

Regards
    Swati

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi.

Why don't you use the search engine. There are plenty of topics about configuring gateway [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

regards,

wally

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast