Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Extract info using "LOAD RESPONSE_INFO BOD "

Hi.
    I need to extract an URL error using the functionality "LOAD RESPONSE_INFO BODY".

The structure as a following:
    <h1tml>
    <h1ead>
    <t1itle>Detail Message error</t1itle>
    <s1tyle>MORE INFO</s1tyle>
    </h1ead>
    <B1ody>
    </B1ody>
    </h1tml>

Who I can doing a reference to the "Detail Message error" ???? They may be something like "H1TML(0)/H1EAD(0)/T1ITLE(0):ATTRIBUTE:ACTION(0)" but my problem is I haven't got a attribute and I can change the structue.

LOAD RESPONSE_INFO B1ODY ON 2 INTO VARIABLE &
    ,WITH "H1TML(0)/H1EAD(0)/T1ITLE(0):ATTRIBUTE:ACTION(0)"
    REPORT "Error detected: ",VARIABLE

Thank you!
    Anelisse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Extract info using "LOAD RESPONSE_INFO BOD "

LOAD RESPONSE_INFO BODY
    is for getting the data from cookies from my understanding. Maybe it has multiple purposes, though.

Record a visit to the webpage in question and look for "Detail Message.." in the script. It won't be there. It is in the contents of what OpenSTA operates on. Look at SilkTest or another functional testing tool.
    Chris R Mead

The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by Chris Mead:
    LOAD RESPONSE_INFO BODY
    is for getting the data from cookies from my understanding. Maybe it has multiple purposes, though.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">No Chris - that's LOAD RESPONSE_INFO HEADER.

LOAD RESPONSE_INFO BODY is used for pulling any data out of the HTTP BODY of a response. My advice is to avoid trying to hand code the DOM address identifiers - just let the Modeler create them for you by doing the "URL Details" of the request and then selecting the item you want from one of the HTML trees.

Anelisse: I'm not sure what all the '1's are in your post but if they actually exist then you can't use identifiers at all. The best way forward then is to just dump the whole of you BODY into a variable and then use ~LOCATE and ~EXTRACT and hope your BODY is smaller than the SCL max character variable size (64K).

[ 05-01-2005, 12:14 PM: Message edited by: dansut ]
    Daniel Sutcliffe
    OpenSTA part-time Caretaker - http://OpenSTA.org/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for clearing that up, Dan. I was really missing a lot. Is it possible to record DOM address identifiers or is that a 'manual coding only' feature?

Can anyone give me a quick example of what they use this feature for. Thanks!

Sorry for the confusion, Anelisse. Better to put my foot in my mouth and learn than remain ignorant, though!

Dan, thanks for adding those links. The EXTRACT and LOCATE links are dead for me, though.
    Chris R Mead

The opinions expressed herein are my own personal opinions and do not represent my employer's view in any way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Daniel and Cris!
    Cris don't worry I appreciate your help too!

Daniel
    1th) first at all it's true your observation, I'd use the prefix "1" because I can't use these reserved words in this foro.

2th) I'd used the extract and locate in anohter oportunities, but here is not possible because when I use "LOAD RESPONSE_INFO B1ODY ON 2 INTO VARIABLE ..." the script return me
    "HTTP/1.1 303 See Other"
    But The script don't return to me the real error incluyed in the t1itle: "&lt;t1itle&gt;Detail Message error&lt;/t1itle&gt;"

I need first at all receive the error "Message error" and then use the Locate and extract.

Anelisse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by Chris Mead:
    Is it possible to record DOM address identifiers or is that a 'manual coding only' feature?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">I would almost never recommend using the DOM identifiers when manually coding the syntax is just too strange and debugging is almost impossible with the type of errors you get. Instead use the Modeller's HTML Tree to right click and choose Address - this will create you a variable and the LOAD RESP... command with identifier that you require.

Many people find it difficult to get URL Details and the tabs where HTML Tree lives working - my only hint here is to do this first before editing the rest of your script. The yellow arrow icon that becomes active allows you to populate the tabs for a specific HTTP request quickly becomes confused as to what request you are looking for once the script has been heavily edited.

Can anyone give me a quick example of what they use this feature for. Thanks!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">The most obvious example I have is making sure that a form post has been successful - you will normally always get a HTTP 200 OK, even if your form wasn't filled out correctly, so you can't use that and may have to rely on something from the reply BODY to verify success. ie. the page title:</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">LOAD RESPONSE_INFO BODY ON 1 INTO PageTitle &amp;
    ,WITH &quot;HTML(0)/HEAD(0)/TITLE(0):TEXT0)&quot;</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
    Sorry for the confusion, Anelisse. Better to put my foot in my mouth and learn than remain ignorant, though!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">It's great you're helping out and there'll usually be others around to put you right if you misunderstand something... can often lead to good related discussions as well [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    Dan, thanks for adding those links. The EXTRACT and LOCATE links are dead for me, though.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">Thanks for pointing that out - I've just fixed them for further use [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
    Daniel Sutcliffe

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Originally posted by Barby Anelisse:
    1th) first at all it's true your observation, I'd use the prefix "1" because I can't use these reserved words in this foro.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">You can always use the code UBB tags to write whatever you want. eg.</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">code:</font><hr /><pre style="font-size:x-small; font-family: monospace;">&lt;html&gt;&lt;/head&gt;&lt;title&gt;test&lt;/title&gt;
    &lt;/head&gt;&lt;body&gt;
    &lt;h1&gt;Testing&lt;/h1&gt;
    &lt;/body&gt;&lt;/html&gt;</pre><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">
    2th) I'd used the extract and locate in anohter oportunities, but here is not possible because when I use "LOAD RESPONSE_INFO B1ODY ON 2 INTO VARIABLE ..." the script return me
    "HTTP/1.1 303 See Other"
    But The script don't return to me the real error incluyed in the t1itle: "&lt;t1itle&gt;Detail Message error&lt;/t1itle&gt;"

I need first at all receive the error "Message error" and then use the Locate and extract.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica">If all you get in your variable dump of the whole body is HTTP/1.1 303 See Other then that is all your Web server is returning on this redirect - if you see something different when you use the browser then maybe the browser is doing something clever. OpenSTA replay does not attempt to simulate any browser rendering or cleverness [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

What do the URL Details - HTML Tree show for this request in the Modeler?
    Daniel Sutcliffe