Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Problems playback a script doing a update data table

Hi
    I have a problem when I execute a script doing a Update table in my data base:

First at all my application is a Web application, c# languages and SQL data base.
    I insert data in the first web page then I press the button ok and go to another web page. In this second web page I continuo inserting data and when I finish I press other button ok (this second button updated the record created by the first button in a table on my data base).
    The problem is: When I playback the script this script ending with Pass status, but really they doesn't because only the action of the first button it's ok playback, the second action doesn't.
    I don't use variables, collector and timers. I only have a Script and Test to run.

Why I can do?

Thank you!
    Anelisse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Problems playback a script doing a update data table

You are missing out the correlation part. There seems to be some dynamic data which needs to be dealt with. Read the help file regarding correlation.

-Rajat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks you!
    I'm sure that! because I have relationship between datas in 2 differents web pages.
    I will read about it, but if you can tell me if I need to create a collector or something like that, I appreciate !

I have this site with the guide of OpenSTA (wich part of this guide spook over regarding correlation?):
    http://www.opensta.org/docs/ug/
    You know another web guide with more information?

Thank you!
    Anelisse!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

For Correlating, See the URL details of the function that is generating the dynamic value. Search for the dynamic value from the HTML tree and create a variable, which can be replaced wherever required within the script.

-Rajat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Rajat thank again, but I continuo with the same problem. I don't understand I think.
    I don't understand what I need to do.

Step 1 -->I have 1 web page and inserted datas, then I puss Confirm buttom, and insert data inside Data base tables. This step it ok do it.
    Step 2 --> The first page generate an ID unique and sequenzial in the table. In the second web page I continua inserting data and confirm again, and then must be updated the table, but never do it.

I recorded the script and I need to replace this static value for a variable? You spook about HTML Tree but I only record the script, I don't define HTML Tree.

Help? [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Thank you!
    Anelisse

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

In the Script Modeler once you open your script you can see a frame on RHS which will have 5 tabs. One of them is the HTML tab.

1.Select the URL that generates the dynamic data i.e unique Id in this case.
    2. Click the URL details (yellow arrow) button on the tool bar.
    3.You will see the HTML page on the RHS frame. Search for your dynamic value.
    4.Right click the value and create a parameter to use in your script.

Refer to the DOM Addressing section in the Help file.

-Rajat

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you so much Rajat!
    Anelisse!