| || |
How to use BView to see the playback procedure
when use OpenSTA playback, we can't see the procedure in IE, just the script. Now BView can solve this problem.But I don't know how to combine this two software to get together to work.
Does anyone know? please help me.
Re: How to use BView to see the playback procedure
When you download it, you'll find instruction there in Readme.txt. From there:
Unzip the BView.zip archive into a suitable location.
The following are the executables:
1. BView.exe (new file)
Copy these exe's to %OpenSTA_HOME%\Engines\Web\Modeller while Modeler and Commander are not running.
Backing up TEHttpLib.dll, TModeller_Web.exe is probably a good idea if you ever want to reverse the install.
* Online (Activated from Script Modeler)
You can turn on/off the Browser View in Script Modeler by checking the Menu: Options->Show Browser (by default itís set to 'off' (unchecked)). When on, running a script from the Modeler will cause BView to open and show you the responses for the primary URL requests.
* Offline (User runs Bview.exe)
For each run (running with/without Browser View on), all PRIMARY responses (Web page) will be stored under the directory [Repository Dir]\Repository\BView\<Run-Time>
In addition, in each of the above directories you will find a file named OSTAinfo.inf which when opened from the Bview.exe will show you the response pages for the test. These runs can be viewed without opening the Script Modeler after the test is over. Help on the Menu commands can be viewed by clicking Help->BView Commands.
1. For Web pages containing frames BView would show each frame as a different page
2. Requires to be connected to the server tested to download images and other secondary URLs in the web page
3. On running script from Script Modeler Bview is invoked asynchronously (Modeler doesnít wait till BView is up), this could cause responses not reported to BView.