Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Recording APPLETS

I have the scenario which includes Applets. When i record, it works fine until the Applets comes into picture. The after that it stops recording. When i stop the record button, i see that the code for the operation done on applet is not recorded. Also i get few errors like :

,WITH "Set-Cookie,appname"
    NEWSCRIPT.HTP(1487) : error (invcmnd), Invalid Command

Into cookie_1_7 &
    NEWSCRIPT.HTP(1510) : error (undefvar), Undefined Variable
    NEWSCRIPT.HTP(1510) : error (exttxt), Unexpected Text Encountered Following Statement

Has anyone faced such situation, is there any workaround for this problem. Please advice.

Many thanks
    santhosh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Recording APPLETS

Do you mean the applet you download is communicating with the server and bypassing the recording OpenSTA gateway? Maybe it is not even talking HTTP. OpenSTA only records and replays HTTP so some of this is to be expected...

As for the errors, it would be better if you provided more of the script. It is not unheard of for OpenSTA recordings to create scripts which don't compile but they can usually be easily fixed with a little knowledge of SCL; which you will need anyway if you intend to make any real use of OpenSTA.
    Daniel Sutcliffe
    OpenSTA part-time Caretaker - http://OpenSTA.org/