Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Database and OpenSTA

Hi,

I am using OpenSTA to record the scripts. The Application is made using JSP's. I need to parse a parameter value and pass it to the next GET URL. I did that using DOM Tree data parameterization. But for frames the Recorder does not show the DOM Tree. And I need a id from this URL . How can I get that? Can I go from my script into the database and look for the ID. If so How ?

Preeti

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Database and OpenSTA

In your application ,
    the parameter value which you are looking for , is it in get url or as post request ?

------------------
    Anup
    A good workman is known by his tools.
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

The Value I am looking for is in Get URL . So before that Get is executed I need to fetch it from Database and pass it as variable to other HTTP requests.

Can that be done ?

Thanx ,
    Preeti

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

1.If you have a data list of variable with you then you can directly map it with the data file and use it in subsequent urls.
    2. If the variable is being dynamically generated/fetched by your application and displayed in the page or in frame of page, then before recording go to option and check "page timers" , now it would record each frames with distinct timers.
    after the recording, go to the concerned frame timer , click on the url from where you want to fetch the data variable , and then see the HTML tree , now you can try parameterising.

I thing this should help.
    Let me know

Regards

------------------
    Anup

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

when I go to the frame after recording ...The page does not show and neither does the HTML tree. this may be becoz there is forward URL in my code.

So can i execute an sql query from script and get the Value which I need ?
    I am badly stuck at this point.

Preeti

------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Can you do one check, login to the application manually on ur browser
    and traverse upto the concerned frame where you want to parse the vaiable in STA, now in your browser go to view source and see where and in which url your data is available or whether it is available or not ?
    if you can see it in the html code then you should get the same in STA also.
    Does you application uses encryption or https ?
    You cannot execute database query from STA directly as part of http request in your application.
    But another way is there, you create a variable in script modeller, in "variaable creation " window select 'databas' in Vlaue source drop box ,then click next , select the database type in datasource drop box , provide username and passward , click next
    now you can either specify a database query or a table name ...

I hope that works out :-)

Let me know

------------------
    Anup

[This message has been edited by lollaping (edited 04-27-2003).]