I am running into this error, too. I'm using Windows XP. I've found the only way to fix it is to delete the results of the test and rerun the test. This is a crappy solution, so I am hoping you found a better solution. Any luck?
I also faced this problem , I found that this is either due to one of the 4 cases :
1. If your test ran for longer duration then when you open the result repository and open http list or timer result , the cpu utilisation goes high , and it stops responding , it takes a very long time to show the result.sometimes depending upon your machine config it may just hang .
2. If your machine is infected by some virus , it seems strange but it did happened with me once , that virus had corrupted my Operating system files also. Run extensive virus scan.
3. Sometimes if you stop the test manually during the run time, then you might face this problem with the test result folders, the only way ahead is to delete the result file.
4. Sometimes OpenSTA needs repairs , just run the installer again and select "repair OpenSTA". Restart , map the repository again .
I was able to correct by applying above resolves.
Let me know if you find out anything new.
A good workman is known by his tools.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.