Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

OPEN STA

Hi Sir,

I want to test one website using Open STA, and in that I want to know that, if i have to put a load of 1000 users on single time, would i be able to do that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: OPEN STA

Yes. OpenSTA can certainly handle that.
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks sir...Do I have to make settings to my script, well could you please explain me , how would I be able to do that. I have read all the documents, well i m not talking about concurrent users, i am talking about 1000 users will hit the web page at a single time,

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    i m not talking about concurrent users, i am talking about 1000 users will hit the web page at a single time,

[/ QUOTE ]

This is confusing. To me "at a single time" means "concurrent".

Perhaps you can explain what you see as the difference?
    Joe Strazzere
    Visit my website: AllThingsQuality.com to learn more about quality, testing, and QA!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Sir,

I am very much new to Testing and I am running this for first time. Well some of queries are:-

We don not have a proxy server setup in our company. So I want to know whether proxy server setup is necessary to run Open STA. I am running it on WIN 2k3 server and everytime i get proxy and gateway issue. And because of that I am not able to record the script.

I want to hit web page by 1000 users at one time. Well sorry sir i was confused and taken it in wrong sense . Well both things are same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Well, I am trying to run a website which is not installed on our local lan, It is on clients server. Well I have read somwhere that OpenSTA would be able to record scripts through applications which are installed on Local server. suppose I want to access google and record, Would I be able to record.
    I want to clarify that OpenSTA would run and record that applications which are installed on Local server.

Is this one of the limitation of OpenSta.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Sir,

I am waiting rigrously for the reply. Please help me with above queries.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I don't understand your questions (could be a language issue, or I just may be unfamiliar with what you are trying to do). Where the web site is installed (locally or not) isn't usually relevant.

OpenSTA is quite simple to install and try. It's Open Source and Free.

Perhaps your best choice would be to download it, install it and try? Then you'll know the answer to your questions.

BTW, yes you could record and play back an OpenSTA script based on google. However, doing that for more than one virtual users could be interpreted as a denial of service attack and subject you and/or your company to reprisals. Better to use your own site, or one where you have explicit permission to do whatever load tests you choose.

Good luck.
    Joe Strazzere

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Sir,

What things I have to do to put a load of 1000 users concurrently.

And does a proxy server setup is necessary for running Open STA. Because everytime I am facing proxy server and gateway issue and I am not able to record the script

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

SIR... you need to start reading. No one here is going to take your hand and lead you along the path to greater knowledge. We will however point the way you should go, when we are not too busy with our own responsibilities.

Start here

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...e=0#Post498556

and specific to your question read this

http://www.sqaforums.com/showflat.ph...e=0#Post641050

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast