SPONSORS:






User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Error 11001

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA - Maryland
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Error 11001

    Bernie, I am following your direction not to revive old posts, and since the old one(s) regarding this issue were of no help, I am making a new one.

    OpenSTA is installed and running on Virtual Machine that acts as a client. VM environment: Windows XP, IE 8.

    For simplicity, I am making a post for each error separately as they are likely to be separate issues. This post is re: error 11001.

    According to the Audit Log, there are multiple " E* Request: Error connecting to copwebapp:80. Error is 11001(No such host is known)

    I am not sure where did copwebapp:80 come from or what that means since its not the real web app name or port, or whatever that means. Is there a setting within OpenSTA that's causing this? This error was present also under following scenario: running OpenSTA on the Server PC, with Windows XP, IIS 5.1, IE 6.0 and Firefox 3.6. This error was also present on the same Server PC after upgrading to IE 7.

    Would appreciate any help on how to resolve this. Thanks!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA - Maryland
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Error 11001

    This error now reproduced on XP/IE6 platform. There is no copwebapp:80 in the recorded script. OpenSTA is installed and being run on a Virtual Client Machine.

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hollis, NH, USA
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Error 11001

    TigerEye,

    Not sure what is going on. Are you saying you get an error regarding copwebapp:80 but that URL does not appear in your script? I find that impossible to believe. Or are you saying that a get or post to copwebapp:80 was recorded and you don't know why? If that is the case, you can just edit it out of your script.

    Either way, when you reply please post the script as an attachment.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA - Maryland
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Error 11001

    Thanks for all replies. I have found the cause and solution. OpenSTA did not "record" the script correctly by failing to write out the full URL for one POST.

    Problem:
    This is what the "bad" line looked like:
    POST URI "/abcwebapp

    This is what is should have looked like:
    POST URI "http://hostname:1234/abcwebapp

    Solution:
    Performed Find/Replace in Script Modeler. The recorded script was 1800 lines long. Mad props to a developer on my team who helped with diagnostics.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Hollis, NH, USA
    Posts
    1,551
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Error 11001

    I would be dumbfounded if the URL in the script was not the URL the browser asked for. The OpenSTA recording gateway intercepts requests made by the browser and records them. It in no way does any sort of DNS resolution. If you doubt this, perform the same UI actions you did during the OpenSTA recording using a tool like fiddler or Firebug (instead of Opensta recording) to see what URL they think the browser is hitting.

    Glad to see you found the problem though!

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    USA - Maryland
    Posts
    79
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Error 11001

    Bernie, the script has 1800 lines or so, and POST URI was like every 10th line. Most of POST URIs recorded correctly and reflected correct reference to web app, its just that one or two that somehow turned out wrong needed to be changed.

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO v2.0.36 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Resources saved on this page: MySQL 11.54%
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise v2.6.4 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.8 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBNominate (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Username Changing provided by Username Change (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
BetaSoft Inc.
Digital Point modules: Sphinx-based search
All times are GMT -8. The time now is 02:13 PM.

Copyright BetaSoft Inc.