Thread: Error 11001

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Error 11001

Bernie, I am following your direction not to revive old posts, and since the old one(s) regarding this issue were of no help, I am making a new one.

OpenSTA is installed and running on Virtual Machine that acts as a client. VM environment: Windows XP, IE 8.

For simplicity, I am making a post for each error separately as they are likely to be separate issues. This post is re: error 11001.

According to the Audit Log, there are multiple " E* Request: Error connecting to copwebapp:80. Error is 11001(No such host is known)

I am not sure where did copwebapp:80 come from or what that means since its not the real web app name or port, or whatever that means. Is there a setting within OpenSTA that's causing this? This error was present also under following scenario: running OpenSTA on the Server PC, with Windows XP, IIS 5.1, IE 6.0 and Firefox 3.6. This error was also present on the same Server PC after upgrading to IE 7.

Would appreciate any help on how to resolve this. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Error 11001

This error now reproduced on XP/IE6 platform. There is no copwebapp:80 in the recorded script. OpenSTA is installed and being run on a Virtual Client Machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

TigerEye,

Not sure what is going on. Are you saying you get an error regarding copwebapp:80 but that URL does not appear in your script? I find that impossible to believe. Or are you saying that a get or post to copwebapp:80 was recorded and you don't know why? If that is the case, you can just edit it out of your script.

Either way, when you reply please post the script as an attachment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for all replies. I have found the cause and solution. OpenSTA did not "record" the script correctly by failing to write out the full URL for one POST.

Problem:
    This is what the "bad" line looked like:
    POST URI "/abcwebapp

This is what is should have looked like:
    POST URI "http://hostname:1234/abcwebapp

Solution:
    Performed Find/Replace in Script Modeler. The recorded script was 1800 lines long. Mad props to a developer on my team who helped with diagnostics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I would be dumbfounded if the URL in the script was not the URL the browser asked for. The OpenSTA recording gateway intercepts requests made by the browser and records them. It in no way does any sort of DNS resolution. If you doubt this, perform the same UI actions you did during the OpenSTA recording using a tool like fiddler or Firebug (instead of Opensta recording) to see what URL they think the browser is hitting.

Glad to see you found the problem though!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Bernie, the script has 1800 lines or so, and POST URI was like every 10th line. Most of POST URIs recorded correctly and reflected correct reference to web app, its just that one or two that somehow turned out wrong needed to be changed.