| || |
Unrealistic Elapsed time!
The elapsed time that comes in the Timer List graph shows that most of the values in the range of 193.58, 208, 300 seconds.
But when i manually navigate through the application the application responds well, not taking more than 6 or 7 seconds to load any page. Unrealistic.
I wonder why OpenSTA shows behaves this way, or am i wrong in interpret the results given by OpenSTA?
In the following post someone has said that they get elapsed time of 30,40 seconds. But for the same load, Loadrunner gives values of 7 to 9 seconds.
Initially i ran 500 users test from one single machine and found this problem.
I doubted if load machine struggled to generate load from a single machine and distributed the load from two machines and this time the timer values were better.
Is there any issue with TEXECUTER module when we generate more load from a single machine?
have any one else faced similar issue?
Twice i had an issue where OpenSTA hangs and the users drops suddenly.
Re: Unrealistic Elapsed time!
I have seen this ONCE in all my dealing with OpenSTA. To the best of my recollection, I did two things and one of them fixed it... commented out all "keep-alive timers" clauses in get/post commands and went from one to two opensta servers.
The only other serious problem I am aware of is a memory leak in opensta when you call subroutines and pass arguments. Eventually, the size of the playback .exe grows in excess of 1.5 GB and eventually it hangs up. Usually you only see this when running tests with no think times or tests with realistic think times lasting 10 hours or so. Again, only when using subroutines and passing arguments (the work around is pass values between calling program and subroutine via local variables NOT in an argument list).