Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Monitoring Applications on Linux

Is it possible to monitor the performance counters of applications installed on linux machine?

eg. getting the performance counters of oracle apps installed on linux machine

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Monitoring Applications on Linux

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

i followed the instructions in the link below.
    http://portal.opensta.org/index.php?...cle&sid=15
    and when i give the below command
    and i get nothing but

snmpwalk -v 1 localhost -c public .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021
    End of MIB

why is it so?
    is that due to wrong configuration of the snmpd.conf file or any version problems?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I wish I knew more about SNMP, but I had a lot of help from an admin to get mine working. Your MIB looks different from mine... please read the following (it was posted yesterday in the opensta forum). Follow the link at the end and verify your MIB is complete;

--------------------------------------------

What you are describing should work. Now, if you cant get the dialog to work (it has to talk to your remote system), perhaps there is a connectivity or security issue.

I dont use SNMP enough to remember what values go in the query boxs, but here is a .smp file from the opensta/profiles directory. Substitute the nodename and port with the correct value for the system you want to monitor (i.e. change lena.qa.bcinfra.net:161 to your server name and the port # for SNMP.

Here is my .SMP file from the /profiles directory which contains the MIBs and OIDs

lenaIdleCPU,lena.qa.foo.net:161 password .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.11.0,0,300,1,
    tenzingIdleCPU,tenzing.qa.foo.net:161 password .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.11.0,0,300,1,
    whitneyIdleCPU,whitney.qa.foo.net:161 password .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.11.0,0,300,1,
    pharosIdleCPU,pharos.qa.foo.net:161 password .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.11.0,0,300,1,
    purusIdleCPU,purus.qa.foo.net:161 password .1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.11.0,0,300,1,

the ,300,1 at the end means collect samples every 300 seconds. If you are trying to validate if the string is correct, you should change it to be shorter (maybe 5,1 at the end)

See http://www.netuality.ro/monitor-ever...tools/20060305 or just google for ".1.3.6.1.4.1.2021.11.11.0,0" to learn more about how to configure this file.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    perhaps there is a connectivity or security issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

hi bernie,

Please let me know what kind of connectivity or security issues you faced during the collector configuration.

After configuring the .smp file when i run it, i'm getting the value 12 for all the time interval.

So i tried to check if i'm getting the values using the MIB Browser from iReasoning and it worked. It gives me all the values and there are no issues in getting the values.

Why does opensta always give us the value 12 for the OIDs we are requesting for?

Is it because opensta gives values in integer, but the result of OID is coming as other than integer value?

Do we have to configure the any files in opensta/UAT server?

Thanks.