I have recorded a script for a particular functionality in my application through opensta. however when i run the script there is no load on the server i.e. the script is not executed at all. what could possibly be the reason ? i am using opensta 184.108.40.206 on a windows xp machine...
i havent changed even a minute thing after i recorded the script... everythings exactly the same... there is nothing wrong with my application.. it has to be something associated with open sta... point is i dont see any logs whatsoever in my appserver when i run the script... what could cause this
attached is the script... of significance will be the post request...
as far as the recording is concerned I have simply run the commander and captured the functionality as a script... it runs fine as expected... however when i playback the same script in a test, nothing happens... there are no logs at the application level and in the commander the test runs for some time and stops... kindly let me know any other specific detail that may interest you...
OK, let's try it this way...
- does the script work correctly when you run it back in the modeler?
- how did you configure the test? How many users, how long does it run for?
- Do you get anything in the OpenSTA report afterwards?
- The Summary report should give you some useful information, what's in it?
- Does the test run for the right amount of time, how long did you set the test to run for and how long does it actually run?
- Do you see anything on the monitoring tab while the test is running?
- Are you able to log the response of the post request to see what response you get from the server?
- do you see anything in the web server (apache/iis/etc.) logs, you may not see anything in the application logs if the web server isn't passing the request on.