Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Wait Times

Hi,

First of all i would like to thank your help.

I am testing my application, i had created 4 scripts, I created 1 task group with all the 4 scripts. Accroding to test plan i have to run this task for 2 hours with 83 virtual users. To achive this i increased "Batch Ramp up time" 7200, by using this i always see active users 1 in "Timers List" where as i have given 83 virtual users for the task.

Is this the right way to achive the time limit of 2 hours?

or is there a way todo this using Wait times in the scripts. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

RBK.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Wait Times

By default, once the script being run by a VU exits, the VU becomes idle. What is probably happening is your ramp is so slow, that a VU compeltes the first iteration of the script before the next VU starts it. The exit can be because it compeleted successfully or because of error, but the result is the same. The easiest way to accomplish what you want is to set the task group to stop after a fixed time. This will direct the VUs to run the script again after completeion.

In commander, on the task group line, click on the watch icon which by default has the word "immediate" next to it. This starts a dialog below. Select stop task Group "After a fixed time" and set it to 2:00:00. In fact, I'd probably set it to 2:15:00 and use the first 15 minutes to ramp up to 83 VUs and then allow it to run in a steady state for 2 hours. Your choice.

Next, you need to set the ramp up period. Click on the number of VUs cell which opens a dialog below. Check Introduce VUs in batches and set interval between batches = 1, number of VUs per batch at 83, and batch ramp up time to the number of seconds you want it to take to go from 0 to 83 VUs (I suggested at minutes which would be 900 seconds).

You should see the load ramp from 1 to 83 over a 15 minute period, 83 users run for 2 hours after which the test should stop automatically.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Bernie,

Thanks for your prompt reply.
    While trying the options that you suggested,the following error message is logged in the error log for every script and for every user. The script is continuously running though. Please advice.

ERROR 10048: (Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted. ) for VU 1-6 while establishing connection.

Thanks in advance.

RBK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks Bernie,

Socket error problem was fixed.

This is regarding Wait time in the script.

We changed the wait time after the post step in each script in order to have the load test span over 2 hours for 83 users(should create 1 application each). The script is running fine, but the test results show elapsed times which included the wait timings in them.(Eg : before increasing the wait time the script gave elapsed time as 3 sec, after adding the wait time of 10 seconds to the script, the elapsed time is showing as 13 sec.). I was wondering if there is a way to play with the wait times to achieve the 2 hours span without affecting the elapsed timings.

If there is no way to do this how do we caluclate the actual elapsed timings. Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

RBK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    We changed the wait time after the post step in each script in order to have the load test span over 2 hours for 83 users(should create 1 application each).

[/ QUOTE ]

RBK, is there a restriction in the number of 'iterations' that you can have for each vuser? What is meant by 'should create 1 application each'?

-regards,
    Mriganka
    <font color="blue">All limits are self-imposed.</font>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Yes, No of Iterations should be 1 per user. One Iteration of the task will create 1 application. So I want 1 application per user(By Application i mean 1 food stamp application in my project).

Thanks in advance.
    RBK

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Does 'elapsed time' refer to the timer values that you get after the execution? If so, you can have the WAITs scripted outside (after) the END TIMERs. Don't know if I am able to understand your problem.

-regards,
    Mrigs
    <font color="blue">All limits are self-imposed.</font>

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

I'm a little confused too. Are you trying to have 83 user each complete 1 iteration of a script in 2 hours? If so, then you need a 0 ramp up time, a test run time of 2 hours (should be redundant to next step), and the script edited (by adding wait statements) so that it takes 2 hours to run. Of course, this is a little hard to get exactly correct since the script will run a little longer as the system gets loaded up.

If you don't want to time the wait statement, include the wait statements outside the start timer / end timer pair. If you are talking about the wait statements (typcially &lt; 1 second) that appear between the secondary get statements, you can always delete them (comment them out is usually best so you have an audit trail of changes).

The following pseudo script will run for about 2 hours plus the time to "do some stuff" which will vary with server load.

start timer foo
    !do some stuff
    end timer foo

WAIT 3600000

start timer foo2
    !do some more stuff
    end timer foo2

wait 3600000

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Bernie,
    I want 83 users each to complete ONLY 1 itretion of the whole task group(which has multiple scripts attched to it) with in 2 hours.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks in advance,
    RBK

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast