Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Enhancing Test Script.

Following is the scenerio I want to record and replay, using OpenSTA.

I have a webform that takes from me the Number of Product Types as an input, and would generate that many number of TextBoxes for me to enter all the type of Products.

Now lets say while I record I give inout for Product Types as 2, and so 2 TextBox gets generated I enter the Product Name into those Boxes and Save the details.

What I find in my SCL Script is one POST statement which sends the entered details to the Server.

Now the issue is, that to increse the LOAD and that too on a single post method. I want to increse the Product types to, lets say 100.

Can I achieve this automation using OpenSTA and How?

-Mash.
    Thanks.
    -Mash

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Enhancing Test Script.

Let me check I understand this:

1) Enter the number of product types in a form (you entered 2)
    2) This (I gess through javascript) displays 2 text boxes for you to enter data into.
    3) You enter data and submit the form.
    4) The Script just shows one POST.

OK, so you need to
    1) identify the format of the data sent in the POST request, e.g. field1=aaaa&field2=bbb
    2) Generate Test Data to submit 100 fields in the POST request, i.e. field1=aaa&field2=bbb&fi......&field10 0=zzzz

If you're having trouble understanding the POST request, simply put it in a reply to this and I'll help.

If this were me, remembering I don't really know what you're trying to do, I would probably create a data file with the posted data in the file, so my file would be something like this:
    field1=aaa&field2=bbbb
    field1=aaa&field2=bbbb&field3=cccc
    field1=aaa&field2=bbbb&field3=cccc&fie ld4=ddd
    etc

I would then load a value from my file into a variable, and then use the variable in the POST request in place of the data.

I hope this makes some sense, if not put your "POST" request in a message and I'll try and give you an example.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Everywhere's within walking distance if you have enough time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Enhancing Test Script.

Thanks Steve, I understood the method you explained to achieve the required task.

Would definetly 1st try this, in case of any doubt would return to this very thread.

Thanks once again.
    -Mash.
    -Mash