Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Application in WINCE disable connection to PC?

Hi, All

I encountered a problem: when I start the wince 5.0 in the target, and ping the host PC, it's fine; but once I launched a specific application, and then ping the host PC, it is alway request timeout, and error code 11010, while I can see the light of the adapter is flashing, the developer doubted the application dialbed the connection but also said it seems unreasonalbe, do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance

Chen

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Application in WINCE disable connection to PC?

I'm guessing you got a network error due to lack of resources on your CE device. Windows sockets error 11010 is WSA_QOS_POLICY_FAILURE, described by Microsoft as

"The QOS request was rejected because the policy system couldn’t allocate the requested resource within the existing policy."

By dialling are you referring to serial model, GSM, GPRS or 3G?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thank you Shane.

Finally, I got the answer: when the WINCE startup, the LAN driver launched, but when I execute the application, the LAN driver will be launched again, and checked the log file, it seems the driver launched for several times, that's why I can't get a stable ip address and can't ping to the PC. I disabled the first launch, and just launch the LAN driver after the application executed, it is ok.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Glad you solved it Chen. I think I may have been wrong about my interpretation of 11010 anyway, it could also mean a time-out error, see here for details.

I am encountering similar difficulties here using a GPRS/3G connection, both on XP and CE, where I can't ping a PC with a static public address, even though I can use the browser on the device. From some research, I think that the carrier (vodafone.ie) is limiting certain aspects of TCP/IP usage over many broadband accounts.

Out of interest, is your CE network connection GPRS/3G, and if so which carrier and account types are you using?

Best regards,

Shane

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi, Shane

Our device is for medical field, so, there is no GPRS/3G issue [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
    For the cell phone, I'm just farmiliar send messages and dial phone and music [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] but know a little about others... there are two carriers (China Mobile and Chine Unicom) in China, and what do you mean the account type? can you explain it?

Regards
    Chen