HP Mobile Tool Vs Perfecto Mobile
My company is debating what to purchase for mobile testing can some one who throw some light on this topic?
Greatly appreciate your time. I have searched Web a little bit but could'nt come to a comprehensive conclusion....
Originally Posted by vorakkarap
HP only offer a local device cloud where you need to buy and manage devices. It's open-source support is very basic and limited - e.g. Appium with iOS 10 does not work, no visual object analysis support.
HP offer an integration to Amazon cloud but it is not something through SLA, and with limited support.
Most important - HPE Software division was just acquired by Micros Focus, putting the entire software division in an unknown state and the future roadmap is TBD sine Micros Focus already has a Silk Mobile proprietary solution that competes with HP.
Perfecto offers a managed cloud with all leading open source test framework supported, 14 data center with thousands of devices. Hosted mobile and desktop web machines with advanced manual and test automation capabilities, rich reporting and also user condition support for changing location, injecting audio, images and network conditions.
read more on www.perfectomobile.com or community.perfectomobile.com
My recommendation is to first to define what you are trying to achieve:
1. Manual \ Automation?
2. What tools do you use?
3. Do you care about how much time it takes to support new devices and operating systems?
4. Do you have distributed teams etc..
Those question helps to understand what are your goals and the lab should address those goals.
My first recommendation would be to go with real cloud vendor that can manage and take all the operational aspects of a lab - Perfecto mobile provide the best cloud solution today in the market from many aspects:
1. You get day one support for new devices (Check the iOS 10 & iPhone 7 support).
2. Full control of the device - change and control the env
3. The best solution and support for all open sources and commercial automation tools (e.g. system level control, ocr and image identification, control the env)
4. Detailed report and much more.
In addition take into account that HP was just aquired by Micro Focus and no one really knows if they will continue and maintain the solution.
I hope this helps.
Thanks a lot ek121268 and rnuriel.
To Answer some of the questions:
1. We have HP ALM/UFT already in use for our manual testing and web automation. Now we are looking for mobile device automation as we are releasing a new app
2. As mentioned we use UFT and ALM for web testing currently. Dev team is using Zamarin for their mobile unit testing now we want to evaluate what we should use for our QA/Functional mobile automation testing tool.
3. Yes and No if the time gap we are talking in few days yes we can wait for new device support but if its too long then it might be an issue.
4. We dont have distributed teams right now but there is a possibility in the mere future.
Quick Requirements review:
We want to maintain our own device lab of minimum 6 devices here at our building/QA lab and also want to use the cloud to get more devices for testing.
We want the tool to be easy to use as our QA team is not that sophisticated in technical skills so ease of tool and ease of building scripts would be the first importance and maintenance of those scripts is also important.
We want to record a script once and should have ability to use it on multiple devices.
We have lot of manual test cases already built in and its taking my manual team a lot of time to run 30% also on 3 devices right now so we want to achieve lot more coverage on test cases on more devices in less time.
Hope this helps, will be waiting for your replies.
REally appreciate the help.
Tags for this Thread