Challenges in iOS Native device features
I am using Appium for mobile native app automation on real devices in Android (4.4x) and iOS (9x). Some of the Test Cases include following operations to be automated:
- Killing the app under test
- Enable / Disable Location services
- Restart Device
- Lock / Unlock Device
- Pushing the app in the background
- Simulating home button
In Android, using adb commands we are able to automate the above scenarios.But in iOS we are stuck and not able to proceed.
The major reason that why we are not able to automate the above operations in iOS is because
- Appropriate Appium commands are not working
- No alternative such as adb available in iOS
- Objects not accessible which can perform these operations
Appreciate your help.