User Tag List

Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

Question Quality Assurance of Android applications

I would like to ask you to give me some help, because i do a project about Android platform.
    A name of the project is:
    "Quality Assurance of Android applications - develop a certifiation model and validation of the results"
    Enough big topic so that on first hearing, so i try to define it.
    First of all, 3 people will work in this project, including me.
    These parts will be processed during the project:
    1. Analysis of Android GUI XML, define new metrics
      so, the analysis of existing Android application's graphic interface and the introduction of new metrics
    2. Analysis Java for Android code, define new metrics
      Analysis of Android-specific code with existing metrics and new metrics
    3. Adapting Android quality models, statistical relationships between results and feedbacks of user (e. g. from Google Play)
      As defined in the previous two sections, and the use of results of the comparison of user feedback.

You can see that things are not new processing and analysis, it is also existing (standalone) system, and must adapt itself to the Android platform.
    The thing is so new that there are not really dealing with quality assurance for Android projects, this project is therefore most research / development topics into.
    The first is looking to source.
    For example, I found this article: SAMOA (if anyone knows a similar article, publication, please link me)
    One question, which is mostly for those who dealt / deal with software quality assurance:
    I am interested in any relevant source, so anything, which worth to process (URL, article, publication, whatever)
    For example, Android-specific set of rules

Thanks in advance, Peter
    (sorry for my english)

Greater Boston Area
    Post Thanks / Like
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look at the Articles link here on this site, you'll see one I submitted about mobile device testing. I've tried to write about testing techniques which apply to all types of mobile testing and not singling out specific operating systems.

You would do well if you search this Mobile Device/Mobile Apps forum for various posts on all kinds of information on mobile testing. I haven't seen anything specific for Android testing. But my suggestion is you learn about drivers and how to go about testing your drivers, memory and how the software affects the CPU. More often than not, you will need specific tools you create in order to do this kind of testing.

Also, Peter, on this entire site, we do not post duplicate threads. I've deleted your other post. If people choose to respond, they will do so. But posting duplicate threads is not acceptable and it will result in you not being able to post in the future. Please read the Newbie forum for questions on the rules.

Thank you.
    Last edited by yagsy; 02-17-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    Going out of your comfort zone requires failure. True genius is measured by your recovery.

...Jean Ann