Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Examples of Mobile UI Test Cases

Hi,

so I'm trying to write up some common base test cases for Android and iOS apps. I have already written some functional test cases which can be used by both, but I am having trouble with writing UI test cases. Does anyone have any sample UI test cases that I maybe able to use?

Thanks,

Hisham

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: Examples of Mobile UI Test Cases

Hisham;
    What definition do you see are UI test cases? I know for myself what kinds of tests I would write based on user experience, how to keep the user happy but what do you think UI tests are?
    Going out of your comfort zone requires failure. True genius is measured by your recovery.

...Jean Ann
    www.perfectpitchmarketinginc.com
    http://on.fb.me/PPM100
    www.projectrealms.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,
    you could define:
    - Stress test: UI navigation from screen to another several times (about 10) and check app behavior.
    - Error case: if Internet connection is needed, stop Wifi Access point during using the app and check mobile app behavior.
    - Feature interactivity: use the mobile app and receive a call, receive a MMS, receive a SMS...
    QA activities, follow CMMI certification process.

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi Jean,

Well I was thinking something like what sizes the icons should be? or screen resolutions? alignment? any standard test cases that a tester would use to check if the User Interface of the application is up to standard for iOS or Android.

Thank you for getting back to me. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Apprentice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi,

I have covered these tests in my functional test cases, was looking for some UI test cases for iOS and Android.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi again;
    Sorry I didn't get back to you. My life has been a bit hectic so I didn't see this post/question until now.

As you are talking about mobile phone UI standards, I would suggest you contact Apple and Android as they would know what the standards are for icon sizes, screen resolutions, alignment and perhaps more. I think these are very reasonable test cases but the benchmark knowledge is going to be with them. I never tested mobile phone applications so I don't have the experience.

Look on their websites and perhaps narrow down to the mobile UI information first which may help you to get the info you need.
    Going out of your comfort zone requires failure. True genius is measured by your recovery.

...Jean Ann
    www.perfectpitchmarketinginc.com
    http://on.fb.me/PPM100
    www.projectrealms.com/