Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

WM7 automated testing

Hi, I am desperately looking for any tool which help me to automate my regression testing for Windows Phone 7 application. Will be extremely thankful for any recommendations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Re: WM7 automated testing

TestComplete 7 has windows mobile support, and any VNC based solution such as TestPlant or VNC Robot would also work. You could also use a remote display tool, such as SOTI, in conjunction with a PC based regression testing tool, though image based would be better in this case as remoting tools tend to display the mobiles screen as a single window rather than an object hierarchy.

Also look at the first sticky (Tools of the trade) in this forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Hi thanks.
    My question was in particular to WP7, not to windows mobile. Apparently neither of tools which supported Windows Mobile 6.5 supports 7.0 as it's just different OS..

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

If you go the VNC route, this doesn't really matter, as your automation tool is not running on the device, its running on the same platform as the VNC client, and is automating through the client. Same is true of other remoting solutions.

A quick google suggests there are plenty of options.

A glance at the TestComplete 8 updates page suggests they don't yet support WM7, but I'd send them an email to verify this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

Thanks, I will check it out. Reg test complete 8, no they dont support.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Total Downloaded

[ QUOTE ]
    Thanks, I will check it out. Reg test complete 8, no they dont support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, I followed this up the the TC forum here and got the same response. Perhaps give the guys at Testplant a shout. Doug Simons posts here on the Eggplant / Testplant and may be able to advise. Alternatively, if budget is an issue, you should be able to sort something out using VNC robot. Both of these solutions assume a VNC client is available, which is usually the case for most WM devices.